Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Home


You see Mt. Timpanogos in the background and Sundance just in front of Timp. The photo is from the top of Brighton, off Great Western lift.

These are my mountains and sometimes I don't like to share. On my lift rides to the top I rarely meet a local. Everyone seems to travel from far places to enjoy my mountains. Being on top of the world and breathing the crisp air that has the faint smell of pine as you pass groves of trees, is about as good as it gets. When crowds clog the runs, I feel that these strangers are violating my personal space. When I grow up I will be able to ski midweek again and my friends on the lifts will be welcome again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

The thought of being able to ski mid-week is the reason I'm putting 12% into my 401k.

the end