Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Andy Griffith Show

I am hopelessly addicted. Watching the Andy Griffith Show has become a nighttime ritual that has been added to the cereal/milk, hot bath, and reading routine. I LOVE this show and laugh out loud. Now that we have satellite, I've found that outside of the 7 free channels that I've watched for 52 years, I now enjoy the rich humor of this classic.

Some nights there is a triple-header and the half-hour program really is almost that long (without all the adds so typical of today's TV). Andy's hick accent wraps around your heart. Aunt Bea's gestures remind me so much of my friend Geraldine. I want to rub Opie's head and mess up that red hair. Barney never quite gets things right. Helen is always just out of Andy's reach.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never knew you liked this show so much, maybe will get you it on dvd sometime.

Anonymous said...

I agree. The show always has a good message.