Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love Affair


After 110 miles, I know it's love. When I was sixteen I thought I'd arrived when I got a new TEN-SPEED, royal blue with yellow taped handlebars. Now there's a new love in my life - a cherry red Trek 7.3 FX.

Here's why:


  • The smells of Little Leaf Linden, Honeysuckle, and Russian Olive

  • Easy shifting

  • A cool bell that allows a warning signal as I flash by

  • A sky roof where I can see Timp and Cascade Mts.

  • Parking in my office

  • Simplicity in carrying only what fits in the little bag under the seat

  • Speed (admittedly faster each day)

  • Relaxation that only wind in your face can give

  • Keeping up with my bike pals

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to say that you look good on it :)

Garth

megs and josh said...

SWEET!

Katie said...

I thought you got the Smartecar for your short commute to work? Now you're ditching that and riding your bike?

MSmith said...

sold the SmartCar while it was still new...Garth didn't like "cute"

Anonymous said...

Watch the cars and don't peddle too fast. Remember, mothers worry.
Mom