Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas Treat

If the closet door is shut, I'm in there on my little Rubbermaid stool eating Christmas.  Every year Dean gives each member of the fam a one-pound box of chocolates.




With all the other tasty delights that fill the season, that's a lot of chocolate in December.  The trick is to sample everyone's box, then with stealth, wrap my own gift-wrapped box in four layers of plastic and hide it in the deep freezer behind the chicken tenders.


Then comes goody deprivation in July.  


The home is silent and empty, so with great pomp and ceremony,  I shave the ice from the chicken tenders and pry out the treasured box.  Quietly stealing into the closet, I peel each layer of plastic wrap from the package and tear off the gift wrap and open the box.  Before me lies the glossy map of flavors and the single layer of bubble wrap.  Immediately both the map and the bubble wrap are included in the wrappings and tossed in the trash.


 Christmas is mine as I select a cherry walnut fondant with dark chocolate.  Double yum.  This will get me through until the goodies of Halloween are upon us.

6 comments:

paul & ashlee said...

genius! a couple of years ago, paul did the opposite. he ate his 1 lb of see's so fast...then he found another 1 lb gift card to sees, got another pound and pretended it was his first...garth and i sure married smarties!
-ash

Tyler said...

Haha, now I know where to look!

Anonymous said...

I used to try to sneak the chocolate but I always got caught. You have a better system.
mom

Birrell Family said...

Better than a smart idea. I believe I may try it... my candy is always gone by 11am. Just can't help myself. I am going to bed craving chocolate...

Birrell Family said...

Hey guys- your Fourth of July video was in incredibly cool! We LOVED every bit of it! I need to use our video much more. Thanks for inspiring us!

AnnCP said...

Self control, which I have none when it comes to a box of See's chocolate. However, I have discovered for the same price, I can choose the chocolates I want.

Miss you!
ann