Sunday, March 7, 2010

GO AGGIES!!!

I attended USU and never heard or saw anything like Saturday night's victory over New Mexico State. The USU fans are merciless, actually turning their backs to the playing court as the opposing team is introduced...not a few fans...but the entire, packed Spectrum. The chanting and arm motions to every cheer are synchronized PERFECTLY. The booing and cheering is incredible.

At the end of the game the arena erupts in a cheer calling the other team "LOSING TEAM." Link to this to hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpzavb7PQk

I never knew that the following words were sung at my beloved USU - teleprompters help, but the crowd knows the words and bellars them out. This song is sung by a full stadium of blue-clad humanity using both arms in milking mothion as the sound level goes above any rock-n-roll concert I've ever attended.

"Show me the Scotsman who doesn't love the thistle,
Show me the Englishman who doesn't love the rose,
Show me a true-blooded Aggie from Utah,
Who doesn't love the spot where the sagebrush grows!!! "

SAGEBRUSH!!!??? I didn't know I was proud of sagebrush. Behind the basket, Wild Bill taunts the opposing free throw shooter. Wild Bill is famous, disrobing in the second half to show his costume for the game, even interviewed on ESPN. I had an amazing time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun and amazing :)

Garth

Unknown said...

I still can't believe you didn't know your own school song... Glad you guys could come to such a good game!

your favorite brother in law said...

I didn't know we had a school song. Looks like the nutty FIGI's have taken over the entire Spectrum.

Birrell Family said...

Heck... Larry & I even want to go to one... give us a call. It would be good visiting all the way up and back!

bulkleybunch said...

hilarious! that picture got an lol! and you are way too cute!