Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mr. Smith & Me


- Mr. Smith -

...leaves a candy bar on my car seat so that I find it when I go to work...shops for groceries...skis with me...makes travel arrangements...uses a flashlight to find things in the closet if I'm sleeping...removes my readers and my book when I fall asleep...runs with me...lets me make stupid mistakes again and again and again...buys gum (he doesn't chew)...snacks on my hidden stashes...drives...is our religious pillar...shares my joys...laughs with me...fixes the computer...sees eye to eye with me on finances...is patient...is forgiving...overlooks flaws...dated me for 2 years...proposed every 2 weeks for four months...endured an 8 month engagement...works at 29 years of marriage...hashes through problems, concerns, and dilemmas with me...tries to fix stuff...hauls off yard waste...sharpens my tools...appreciates God's creations...works at being a great dad...drops everything to help...feeds the dog/hamster/fish/rabbit/ginea pig...buries the dog/hamster/fish/rabbit/ginea pig...makes mean muffins, waffles & bean dip...walks with me...bikes with me...likes pretty near everyone...
...sigh

5 comments:

sue said...

That was wonderful... I so love you both

Birrell Family said...

I could tell you that you are blessed,but you already know it! It is a joy to see friends in love.

Garth said...

:) Love and KISSES

Katie said...

he is the BEST uncle a girl could have!

your favorite brother in law said...

Garth makes it hard for the rest of us. He is a true Gentleman