Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doughnuts

In my family, doughnuts are eaten with scissors. Few things compare with the disappointment of committing to a specific doughnut among a mouth-watering assorted dozen.

When the newly purchased dozen is set upon the counter, scissors are set in the box and diners may snip out a segment from any in the box, thus negating the possibity of error. Typically, one lone eighth of chocolate with chocolate sprinkles is left to cement itself to the bottom of the box for the duration of its trip to the cardboard paper recycling center.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought I'd like the scissors thing, but I do. I love tasting all of the doughnuts!

I like your new blog design :)

Birrell Family said...

Your first blog in months I knew would be about our first fresh snow. The doughnuts were a nice surprise. I never heard of the scissor method, but sure like the idea...I would choose the pink cake one in the center :)

Love my list and it has made me smile throughout the day. Love you!

paul & ashlee said...

just wanted to let you know that we, (the birrells and wards) have now adopted this perfect idea...who knew i didn't have to finish the doughnut i started?! where have you been?
-ash