Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Passage of Time

I distinctly remember getting Kid #4 all gussied up (where did that term come from?) for a family gathering.  She was all ruffled and bowed in all matching attire, complete with KY Jellied bow-in-the-hair.  At four months old, I had her sitting primly on my lap.

When all the fam had gathered and the eating began, Grandpa Mel leaned over to me and said in a low voice, "Don't worry, they get better lookin' with time."  Sorry, Kid #4.

Anyway, after looking back at Grandson #1's pics, I kinda see Mel's wisdom.
....then....


 

....and now....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so true. Early on I thought he kind of looked like an alien, mixed with a grimlen, mixed with an old man. That middle picture is probably one to get rid of. He sure is cute now!

Birrell Family said...

So unbelievably true. We look back at Conrad's and Phoebe's pictures and think they are so much cuter now... of course perfect always :)