Monday, December 12, 2011

Sweater Slam

With great care and pride, I manage my Christmas sweater inventory, never desiring to be an embarrassment to my offspring.  As a result, only two sweaters remain in my closet (see example #1 below).

A friend recently sent out an email request for an ugly Christmas sweater that she could borrow to attend a party mocking those who sport the hideous light-up versions.  Mentally, I noted that I would be unable to help her because my collection only contains tasteful pieces.

Feeling festive and rather stylish, I confidently browsed the aisles at Macy's, looking for fun Christmas jewelry to give as gifts at next year's tree day celebration.

When I happened upon the round display table of awful pins, I commented to a young clerk, "Wow, do you ever sell these ugly things?"


She replied, "Yes, I don't understand it, but we really sell a lot of them."

After I smugly raised my eyebrows, she added, "You could get one to go with your sweater."  Guess I should have loaned the sweater out.

1 comment:

Jane Laird said...

Never expect tack from a sales person. Your sweater is beautiful...just right with the right amount of decor. People definately need some Christmas cheer...no more grumps!
mom