Monday, April 23, 2012

Back in the Day

Way back in time, a person saved pennies and dollars and purchased an album.  An album contained maybe 12 songs total, and great care had to be taken to ensure that the album was not scratched or damaged in any way, for the result would be a song that would skip.  Interpretation:  the needle of the stereo would get stuck in one place and the same three words would repeat until someone got up and moved the needle to a new spot.  Most kids didn't have a lot of albums.  My sweetie had a lot more than me, but I did have maybe 10 total.

That's right folks, about 120 songs to listen to over, and over, and over.

Perhaps that is the reason I preferred activities that offered a bit more variety in my youth.  These tunes were playing in one of my old lady clothing stores the other day.  Took me back to sitting on the still-wet lawn with my pals in early springtime as the days lengthened and the promise of summer awaited.

Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival on Grooveshark


Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival on Grooveshark

Them thar be dancin' tunes.

No comments: