Monday, March 7, 2011

Favorite Chemicals

When there is a chemical that will do the work for me, I'm all about using it.  Here are some of my personal favorites:

*  Round-Up (a gardener's best friend)
*  Thuricide (a gardener's second best friend)
*  CRT (like Lime Away, eliminates scum)
*  Baking Soda and Vinegar (clears the drain if followed by 5 gallons of boiling water)
*  Oven cleaner (removes old grease)
*  Al Chem Wax Remover (gets rid of petroleum based paints and wax)
*  Ammonia (soak hair brushes and combs then rinse away hair product)

*  Greased Lightning and SOS pads (dissolves built-up grease on pans)
*  Muratic Acid (you'll have to sign a waiver for me to disclose uses)
*  Ajax (solid surface sink cleaner)
*  Chlorine bleach (removes stains in towels)

"Ahh...." you are thinking, "What an enlightening post."

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I think I'm going to have to go soak my brushes now!

Garth said...

You only need about 1 part ammonia to 4 parts water.