Friday, October 7, 2011

Dave's Killer Bread

As I stood in the aisle at Costco with my monster of a shopping cart, my eye caught a very interesting label.


"Just say no to bread on drugs!"


"Killer taste and texture."


Seems that Dave had spent some time in the pen sorting out his life.  

"I was a four-time loser before I realized I was in the wrong game.  15 years in prison is a pretty tough way to find oneself, but I have no regrets.  This time around, I took advantage of all those long and lonely days by practicing my guitar, exercising, and getting to know myself – without drugs.  To my utter amazement, I started liking what I was seeing.  It’s been said adversity introduces a man to himself and I found this to be true.  If I had not suffered, I can safely assure you that you would not be reading this label on a loaf of my killer bread.  A whole lot of suffering has transformed an ex-con into an honest man who is doing his best to make the world a better place…one loaf of bread at a time.”
After reading about his loser life, I bought his bread just because of the label .  Check it out.


When I got home, I even watched the movie on his web site.  He looks just like the picture on the label.


The bread ain't  bad either.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes there is hope!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for buying bread for a reformed person?
mom

Birrell Family said...

and thank you for keeping me entertained in so many ways :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to ''Tyler's blog? I know it was only once a month but I looked forward to reading it.
g-jane