Monday, October 3, 2011

Holy Culinary Gag-Fest

In an attempt to choose more healthy snacks, I concocted a raspberry smoothie using soy milk, raspberries, and (supposedly) spinach. The lovely package of spinach from the freezer looked particularly fresh and green, so after putting half of the baggie in the blender, I thought, "What the heck!" and dumped the whole thing in. Spinach is flavorless in smoothies and very good for one. After the first throwback of the drink, however, I detected something amiss. My memory instantly cleared and I remember telling Hilary to freeze the leftover cilantro for future use.

GAG!

Not to be defeated, I threw in a lovely fresh peach, thinking that I might just be a culinary weakling. Second throwback, not even a possibility. A total waste: soy milk, raspberries, cilantro, and a beautiful peach (sorry Ashley and Paul).

1 comment:

paul & ashlee said...

mom called me laughing and read your post to me...i am so sorry about the cilantro! if you need more peaches, you know where to come...
-ash