Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How Do You Cook a Duck?

Every now and again a student comes along that makes one laugh out loud, who is so totally uninhibited and full of life that it takes one's breath away with the bizarre stories and comments delivered on a regular basis.  I have a feeling that I will have an arsenal or stories by semester end.  I should have been writing more of them down. See previous post:

Guns and Vinegar

Recently a couple of new stories made me laugh.  Since "Joe" is a hunter I asked him if he had any good recipes for duck.  Without batting an eye, he replied, "Why, yes Sister Smith, I do.  First you must totally skin the duck, clean it and prepare it whole.  Soak a cedar board in water and place the duck on it.  Then slow cook the duck on the board in the oven for about 3 1/2 hours.  When it's done, take it out, remove the duck from the board and eat the board."  He went on to say that he really didn't like duck, that it tasted like "a cross between a Big-O tire and liver."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hilarious!

But I really love duck...