Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tree Day

Grandma Jensen started the tradition with her Tree Trimming Party, when 27 grandchildren were invited to come help trim her tree with years-old ornaments, electrical taped lights, and new boxes of icicles.  After the tree was trimmed, we were treated to her wonderful pineapple milkshakes (made with raw milk from Uncle Paul's cows).

Helping my mom with her home decorations was always a joy because I felt that she had the most beautiful decorations placed all throughout the house.  As a child, I felt that our home should be featured in Better Homes and Gardens.

My sister, Denise, re-invented the tradition and marked the day after Thanksgiving as its date.  I look forward to the day with great anticipation and sit back and marvel at the Spirit of Christmas that is felt as we share time together.




No comments: