Thursday, October 31, 2013

October













So what's to say about October?  We have had uncommonly warm weather for the month so Garth and I have taken advantage to the bike trails in Utah.  We have pedaled the entire length of the Legacy Parkway Trail.  It runs from Roy to the State Fair Grounds in Salt Lake.


Seeing the play, "Mary Poppins," at Tuachan and "The Marvelous Wonderettes," at Cedar City broke up the month a bit.  We liked the one in Ceder City better.  At "Mary Poppins," we were behind the back row on folding barstools.  It was awful.  Informing the purchaser of the $50 price tag for those miserable seats might have steered her toward a movie at the local theater instead.  We stayed at the Boehner's condo in St. George and had a very relaxing time.




Riding the Rail Trail from Coalville to Park City and back to Coalville is always wonderful.  It is a gravel trail, but very smooth and manageable.  Probably the biggest challenge was the Deer Creek Trail to Midway.  Basically, we had the wrong bikes for the trip.  Mountain bikes would have been better than our commuter bikes.  That trail was not graded very well and had lots of ups and downs, usually with loose gravel in the downs.  However, the breakfast place that we found in Midway made the trip back to the dam quite pleasant.

Since my mom and dad are off to Yuma, Arizona every fall, we had my mom's birthday party early.  It's always fun to get together for birthdays.  She's 81 this year and as feisty as ever.

I didn't put up any Halloween decorations, but I certainly enjoy looking at the work of other people.  I guess if I had the youth of the family closer I might do something.  I am lucky that my good friend, Conna, lends her grandkids to me for visits, parties, hugs, and kisses.



I enjoy riding the Provo River Trail.



My good pal Debbi Anderson and I ride most afternoons up the Provo River Trail and I have been riding to work on Mondays and Wednesdays because there is absolutely no parking at BYU.  It takes me longer to drive and find a parking space than it does to ride and I arrive in much better spirits when I ride.  I haven't figured out how to have pretty hair with the helmet, however.

I hurt my shoulder(s) while gardening.  One was a chainsaw accident, but don't ask.  The other was a snowboarding/ski/garbage bag heft combination accident.  After a few visits to the doctor, they finally injected both shoulders with cortisone.  Awesome relief!  That stuff really works.

No comments: