Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ah - HAH !!! - Mountain Gear Tip #5

Guilt is the emotion felt when one more plastic food container is shipped off to the landfill.  The object in my left hand was stashed in our pantry because of this guilt.  I collected various sizes and used them to tote food to our church when sweet hubbie and I worked in the nursery.  Somehow throwing it in the trash at the church didn't feel as bad.  At least it was used several times.  An ah-hah moment occurred to me on my trip to the mountain today....LUNCHBOX!  Success, no squished sandwich.

I am not a convert of reuseable grocery bags, but my niece gave me this feather-light, amazing bag for my birthday and it has hung by the back door since then.  Today, ah-hah....a TOTE for essentials when traveling to the mountain in a friend's car.  Boots - check.  Hand warmers - check.  Hat/Goggles/Gloves - check.  Lunch - check.

Mountain Gear Tip #5 - When the fam was bigger we used two laundry baskets; one for the lunch, one for equipment.

Sometimes I'm so clever, I amaze myself.

No comments: