Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Hilary

For Hilary's birthday I've decided to write what we wrote when she was born:

Mom's Story
I was thrilled to give birth to such a beautiful daughter.  She cried a little when she was born, but then opened her eyes wide and looked around.  She was very calm and her daddy held her.  We were both very happy.  I cried and cried, I was so happy.  It is a joy to be here in the hospital with her, hold her, feed her and just look at her.  Tyler thinks she's "pretty neat" and thinks the faces she pulls are quite funny.  We all love her a lot and it seems, although she's only 3 days old, that she's always been a member of our family.

Dad's Story:
I was excited to have a little girl.  She is such a cute baby and I love her.  It is hard to believe that now we have a boy and a girl.  Marci decided on the name Hilary and I like it also.  The labor and everything well well, however, I didn't think that I was really that much help.  I believe every father should watch the birth of his children if he has the opportunity to do so.  I was blessed to see both Hilary and Tyler born.  What's happening in 1985 - Ronald Regan is the President of the United States and the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is Spencer W. Kimball.  The weather this week and last has been the coldest I can remember with the temperature as low as -14 degrees F.  Looking out the window there appears to be about a foot of snow and it has been a cold winter here in Utah.


 When she was two we wrote, Hilary:

  • is silly
  • likes to giggle
  • is curious
  • active
  • likes Campbell's soup
  • likes a pink bear
  • likes her blanket
  • is persistent
  • pretty
  • loves her brother
  • likes to be outside

    At three:
Hilary changes her clothes at least three times a day.  She loves "little girl things" - dolls, combs, brushes, dressing up, etc.  She loves to swim.  She started lessons about a month before she turned three.  She can actually swim across a corner of the pool.  She knows no fear and is constantly on the move in the water.  People stop and watch her because she does so well for a little kid her age.  She can now float on her stomach, turn to her back and float.  She can also swim forward on her front.


Her poem - "My Wish"

I wish I could fly
Above the sky,
In a plane or in a jet
That would be fun you bet.
But most of all I'd like to fly,
Not in a plane or in a jet,
But just above the blue blue sky.

Things you may not know about her:

  • speaks a little Spanish
  • plays piano
  • plays guitar
  • climbed highest on greased pole
  • fooled the eye doctor into glasses
  • was in 4-H
  • tailored a wool coat
  • took a fencing class
  • had cousin reunion every summer
  • helps with Special Olympics
  • still plays soccer
  • had an awesome bug collection
WE LOVE YOU HILARY :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks mom!

Birrell Family said...

I love you Hilary too. Happy Birthday. Of course you already know you have a wonderful mom