Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pond Scum

The turn of the calendar to a new year usually brings with it a desire to try a little harder, do a little better.  So that's when I decided to eat more greens.  Some circles of experts recommend two, 1 cup servings at each of three meals, every single day, day after day, for the rest of your long miserable life.....

Of course, the slacker in me researched a way to condense this process.  Discovery:  Spirulina.

This is literally pond scum and it's EXPENSIVE!!!  Quote from a site that sells it:  "Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made out door pools that are closely supervised."  

Hmmm....  I think I closely supervised that type of scum development when my in-laws purchased a ginormous backyard pool for my kids one summer.   If one rides the Provo Trail in late summer, one might also qualify as a scum supervisor.  The fragrance of moss on the river is something that I genuinely enjoy.

This stuff is packed with nutrients and tastes just like, well, pond scum.  If you've ever taken the opportunity to swim in a pond (with scum that is) you know the flavor.

Tomorrow I shall turn in my resignation papers as I see an amazing opportunity to rake in some easy greenbacks, work feverishly til others are green with envy at this simple success story, observe green pond scum development, and utilize my green thumb to live the good life off something that most people avoid (except where the fast track to superhuman health is involved).

No comments: