Saturday, February 9, 2013

We're in a Tight Spot

Dear Hubby is good to follow me anywhere on the mountain.  Today, however, I think I heard him mutter, "We're in a Tight Spot."
To his credit, he didn't use the "d" word as in this clip from one of our favorite movies.


Sometimes you can't see what you're headed down until you are committed.  Hubby a gets nervous when there is a sign stating , "Cliff Area."  Alta is well-marked so I trust the signs and stay on the proper side of the rope.  There are few exceptions.  Today being one.  There was a little 4 foot drop at the top of a pretty scary chute.  If one can make a few quick turns and see an escape from the chute, one can usually ski it out.  I went and there really wasn't room to make those quick turns.  At the end of the day, hubby was still talking to me after he had to remove his skis to hike over the treacherous terrain.  Oops.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make my heart stop.
mom