Monday, May 23, 2011

Hangin' Out

This afternoon I hung out with Kenny and Dean.  Awesome conversations:

TOPIC - DRUG ABUSE
Dean - "You know that stuff they put in cough syrup's the same stuff they make meth out of?"
Kenny - "Yea, bad stuff."
Dean - "Sure works though.  Fifty bucks for a bottle this size (hand gesture).  Ya know, if ya had to pay the full price."
Kenny - "Gits that s outa yer lungs though."
Dean - "Sleep like a baby too.  I take a teaspoon."
pause.......
Dean - "Think I otta cut her back to a half."

TOPIC - OMAR-N-ESTER
Dean - "That Ester could talk yer leg off."
Kenny - "Great Lady, Ester."
Dean - "Yea, I's out workin' on that ol' green truck, layin' under her, when Ester pops her head in over me.  I asked how Omar was.  She says, 'Oh, you know Omar.... Ya know, I figgered when Omar came along, I better marry 'im, might be my last chance.' "
Kenny - "She always said, 'If ya don't git what ya want, want what ya git.' "

TOPIC - COLON CANCER
Dean - "Sure glad they got all yer cancer."
Kenny - "Yea, I figger I'm pretty d lucky.  If I hadn't stopped up, they'da never checked.  Probably shouldn't say the details, but they came in from the top as far as they could, then up as far as they could an' ya know the little bend ya make, that's where it was.  Took out 'bout 8 inches."
Dean - "Good thing they could hook ya back up."
Kenny - "Gittin' tired a bein' waited on though.  Kids got the tomatoes too close, but I ain't sayin' nuthin.  Kim was sposed to git my car fixed.  By d, I think I'll just buy a new one.  Manon says I can't, but you gist watch me."

....love the characters from hubbies ol' hood....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I could here Gramdpa Dean's voice when I was reading this. Good stuff. I also like what Ester said. Very wise.

Birrell Family said...

D that was good S. Read through each one twice and have a smile on my face :)

Anonymous said...

Woops. here = hear