Monday, May 30, 2011

Remembering

...my Grandma Laird (always wore a dress and hosery, had her hair done, smelled good and had a nice dry kiss)
...my Grandpa Laird (was a picker, lived off coffee and sweetrolls 'til well into his nineties, loved to fish, had a wet kiss.  I'd kiss him first, then my Grandma would dry it off with her kiss and they didn't see me wiping off anyone's kiss.)
...my Grandma Jensen (excited beyond belief to see you, was a hummer, had a candy drawer with hard marshmallows and Black Jack gum, made bread in old cans)
...my Grandpa Jensen (seemed stern, was tall and handsome, the epitome of the American farmer)
...my Aunt Rae (made butter, cleaned eggs, had a great giggle, open policy on the candy dish)
...my Uncle Paul (would play knuckles with you 'til you swore you might die from the pain, always cheerful and would have you tell him about yourself, kind of a tease)
...Gwen (loved people and all their business, kept count of relatives in attendance at all family functions, always had a new project)

Orem Cemetary, Gwen's gravesite

Orem, Payson and Mapleton cemetaries, then breakfast at Village Inn

3 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Love the pictures... love the memories. Looks like a wonderful day together.

Katie said...

I think it's so great that you guys get to do this. I remember the one time I was in Utah over Memorial Day and got to go...it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I remember of missing Memorial day decorating graves. It always brings good memories.
moom