Friday, September 9, 2011

Fi Fi

While on the Provo River Trail, I have lately been amazed and perplexed to see a great number of miniature dogs on parade, a cacophony of guinea pig-sized yappers on leash.  These fierce little defenders of territory are usually mismatched with the living creature on the other end of the leash.

After having observed how scary the trail can be in the dark and noting all the shadows that lurk outside the beam of my headlight,  I was surprised to round a bend and come face-to-snout with a pint-sized mongrel led by a young thing in hot pink running shorts.  I laughed out loud as I envisioned her commanding, "Sic 'em Fi Fi!" as she commanded her pooch to ward off a would-be attacker.



Today, that was outdone by a black chihuahua dressed in a white and pink tu-tu led by a burly tattooed male.

Although I probably could never catch him and he most certainly would not allow the procedure, I may make the attempt to bring Eddie along clad in a little cowboy outfit, complete with boots and hat.....just so I fit in.