Thursday, September 29, 2011

We Do Not Golf

As we sat on the beautiful patio at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course eating lunch, enjoying the fall flowers and the scenic mountain backdrop, I commented on how disgusting it was that they had installed little urinals on all the golf carts.

"I guess the neighbors got tired of all the men peeing in their backyards," I wisely informed my friends.

"But what do the women do?" Jan commented.

"They must have to go in, just like in skiing," Brenda replied.

"The ski resorts finally had to post signs so that people (the men) would quit peeing in the trees because it goes into the water supply." ...sighing and shaking of heads...

Hospital Bedside Urinal


"How do they keep it from sloshing out as they go over the bumps?" Conna asked.

"They should at least paint them a solid color.  Can you imagine what they look like full?"  I added.

After our lovely lunch, on our walk back to the car, Brenda announced that she was going to ask some male golfers how they used them.  I just assumed that the procedure would be the same as in hospitals.

Horrified at Brenda's boldness, Conna and I ducked behind a bush, but overheard, "Oh, they are divot fillers.  You sprinkle dirt in the holes where your clubs damage the grass.....laughter....more laughter...nope, we don't pee in them."

"Well that's a relief, at least it explains the brown color in some of them," I exclaimed to Conna as we emerged from behind the bush.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny ;)

denise said...

OK, Greg laughed out loud. He said those guys will be laughing over you for years.

bulkleybunch said...

soooo funny!!! that is a great story!! lol!

megs and josh said...

nice :)

Birrell Family said...

And now we know the rest of the story.... It was an awfully nice lunch and I will always think of them as little pee pots :)

Anonymous said...

I am sharing that with my lady golfers.
g-jane