Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Music

At work my students play music in lab. This is fine by me unless they argue about what's playing or have it too loud. My family can vouch for the fact that I never hear the words. At the high school, this has had embarassing results as I hum along with some $%#!!#@*. You get the picture.

At my present place of employment, a large stack of unlabeled CDs have accumulated. After awhile, it all sounds the same. During our culinary exploration of South American cooking, some distinctive Latino tunes wove their way amidst the scents of garlic, onions, and cumin. I commented to my TA, Cameron, how fitting it was to hear something so appropriate for the day. Obviously more attuned to our regular genre of music that had been assaulting his ears, he claimed the CD as his and commented, "It beats those sissy cowboy songs you're always playing."

Made me laugh out loud! I love my job!

No comments: