Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Scare


On Mondays I arrive at work in the dark and depart a mere 11 hours later in the dark, exhausted and perhaps a tad negative about humanity.

Upon my northbound return to home, I deviated from my normal route on University Avenue (a bumper-to-bumper mass of homebound burned out nut cases) to a more relaxing route on Provo Canyon Road.

As I approached my westbound turn, an oncoming car began flashing the high beams. After checking my beam level and determining it appropriate, I proceded without flashing back. It became apparent that I would have to glance to my right to avoid total blindness. Just then I saw that the oncoming beam flasher had stopped and an Eskimo clad six-year-old on his bike was crossing this busy road in a pitch black crosswalk. I slowed, pounded my brakes to alert the drivers behind, and held my breath. The little goomer made it across

and I wept.


Be careful out there and watch for the unexpected.

1 comment:

Birrell Family said...

Excellent reminder for us all. I sure love you!