Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Breckenridge Again

Putting in my 3 mile run at 10,000 feet is a lot different than at Orem's 4,500. One of my lungs is up on Cloud Rim Road. 


Water aerobics was part of the morning agenda, so after the run I attended the class with Burt and Sue.  I decided that attending water aerobics is quite the social evert and a good opportunity to stand around waving our limbs with a good quantity of B.S.


And, yes, that's my new swimsuit that I snagged for 17 bucks on clearance at j c penny. 

Mom and I had a makeover with a Mary Kay representative. She was a cute little lady with amazing lotions and potions.  We are now gorgeous. 


This is how my mother naps. She has done it thus was since she tromped hay during her growing-up years in Mapleton. They would throw the hay up in a wagon and her job was to run around the hay and tromp it down. When they came in for lunch, they were allowed a half hour nap and then back out for more trolling. She takes her naps very seriously.
We then visited the Summit Ski Museum.


They only used one pole. There was a film about the 10th Mountain Division during WW II. I didn't know that my dad was waiting to cross the Po River in Italy before the Germans surrendered. He was three miles away. The 10th Mountain Division still comes to Breckenridge for a ski day each year. There are not many of them left. 


We toured the Breckenridge Distillery and learned about how bourbon, vodka, and rum are made.  It is a very interesting and complex process. Bourbon must have a new charred barrel each time it's made. 



We then went to a glass making demonstration that lasted for about two hours. A guy made a huge glass dish and eight of his friends helped in the whole process.  It was very well orchestrated, with each of them taking instructions from him and doing their part. The studio was quite small and they were running around with molten glass on the ends of sticks. Several fiery furnaces helped in the process.









The day ended with another torrential downpour and beautiful rainbows. 

2 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

What a FUN-FUN blog post. The liquor making place and blowing glass... =P

But, my favorite would've been the downpour of rain and lovely rainbows. =)

hugZ,
annie

Birrell Family said...

It sounds like a perfect week! I called you today... forgot you were going. I babbled :) Your Mom's nap made me laugh and I would imagine you are great at water aerobics ... er BS.