Thursday, August 29, 2013

Breckenridge Some More

I often wonder about where sayings come from...

When I reached the 12,000 elevation level today on my run, I understood the meaning of "catching one's breath," as I reached and caught the lung which was dispelled because of my heavy gasping. On the up side, the vistas are absolutely gorgeous. This is an amazing place. 

Mom and I then attended water aerobics and did the underwater bouncing and moving about as we enjoyed a great session of B.S. with our new pal Sue the Italian. 


The Historical Society had another tour, "Denver, Dillon, and the Dam." It was done by the same lady that did our other tour and was very interesting. We learned a lot about the building of the dam and the tunnel that takes the water to cities further east. 


30% of the water goes to Denver. She then took us on a walking tour of Dillon. There's not much  to that city. 



She even made us climb a long flight of stairs in an old building to see the peep hole that the Rebecca's used to allow their members into their meetings. 


The bike trail systems here are amazing and the trail that I took from Dillon to Breckenridge was beautiful. It wound through lodgepole, quakies, and spruce along the edge of the Dillon Reservoir. 





We topped the day off with an amazing session of dominoes. 



My parents kicked my trash as I came in dead last at the end of the night. Good thing we weren't playing for money like they do with their pals. 

No comments: