Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Routine....

I'm sure everyone wonders what I do at work. Sometimes, there's a break between labs and I stroll on down to Brick Oven Pizza. There, I kick up my feet, inhale the lovely aromas, buy a Diet Coke, and sit in the waiting area and ponder the possibility of someone wondering what I'm up to. 


Usually nothing. There is a picture, however, of a VIce President Nixon addressing BYU students in the old Fieldhouse.


I'm an optimist. I always thought that he was innocent and all my liberal friends at Orem High School were crazy thinking he could be a criminal. 

Wow was I wrong.

There's also this random display of keys. 


Perhaps it's the keys to the old Fieldhouse. Anyway it's fun to look at.  My kids can attest to the fact that there will be no antiques left in my house. I get rid of everything.  

Who knew that a bunch of old keys would be worthy of display.

I then meander along the trail on the south side of BYU campus. It's pretty much improved with a nice brick path, stream and waterfalls. They also have labeled all the plants, which makes me feel really smart when I know the names before I read the sign. 

I knew this one.......



Don't ever plant it. It grows everywhere. Very invasive!

I didn't know this one but I think they just made up the name.



...... Not very creative, really?

I love this next one. I need to find a place for it in my yard.



I didn't know this one but I think they named it this because it's planted by the stream.



Thanks Mom for teaching me to love the names of plants and enjoy them!

Well, gotta scoot back up to work or they'll  wonder where the professor is. Today is candy day

No comments: