Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Leftovers

Do I throw out the Thanksgiving cranberries?

Leftovers are a little frig miracle. After a long tiring day, one can peer into the frig and, ka-ching, there lies dinner possibilities. The fact that I hate to waste anything has honed my skill of re-working meal variances over and over again.





Sometimes, however, the frig, microwave, and me just cannot pull off one more mealtime marvel. Food safety and sanitation are kind of my specialties, but fudging on the throw-out date has become more common as our household occupancy rate has declined.

My Thanksgiving cranberries are the only leftover remaining in my frig and tonight it may be bean burritos topped with cranberries. What does one do with the cranberries once the turkey is gone? Perhaps muffins (but then I'd have to do a whole recipe or at least six, which leaves leftover muffins). This could go on forever and frankly sometimes it does....

Anyway, I must begin on my Christmas menus for when family arrives. I'm thinking something with cranberries.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have a KILLER pie recipe with cranberry and blueberry filling. Seriously, the BEST pie I've ever made.